Thursday 19 November 2009

had our first steak today... worth waiting for!! (At La Cabrera, in case anyone's taking notes) A massive rib-eye, it was actually too much for the two of us, what with the numerous (16) condiments and extras plonked onto the table as well! All that plus a very fine glass of red indeed and we were pretty much knocked out after lunch, Becka proceeding to knock the complimentary glass of fizzy wine over onto the next table. Had a wander in the Parque Tres de Febrero, Becka slept it off by the pond, then staggerered back to the hotel room to try and get some energy for the evening's activities - still don't know how the Portenos do this staying up till 7am all the time business! Probably not by tramping all over town first, I guess. Going to check out Ocho Siete Ocho in Villa Crespo tonight... and looking forward to a session soon at Salon Pueyrredon, the local punk rock bar ("for those who don't actually enjoy being spat on") - Mazliah's map is getting very well-thumbed indeed, I hope he doesn't want it back, hehe!

Just sinking in today that it is actually going to be SIX MONTHS. Freaked me out very slightly, but didn't take long to get over it, haha!

Oh yeah, did see some of the Uruguay-Costa Rica match, no one seemed remotely arsed anywhere we went, in fact they mostly didn't seem to know it was on. I see Ireland got cheated, very sad for them. And no Russia either, well at least Pav can relax now and get back to warming the bench without harassing everyone. See you all later!! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Not bad for the first full day guys. What's the hotel like? and how does punk rock sound in Argentina...?

    Just have to tell you both, i think it'll make you smile:

    The school phoned me yesterday to say "Miss White, I'm just calling because of James' back, and also to say I was very sorry to hear about what happened at the weekend". I said "What happened at the weekend?" and she retorted "well, the car accident. But I was wondering if you've had James' back checked out at the hospital at all?". I said "I'm sorry I don't know what you mean, there was no car accident and as far as I'm aware James' back is absolutely fine". The teacher went a bit quiet and in her confusion explained that James had hobbled into class complaining he was struggling to move his back, and told everyone that there was a horrendous car crash that the whole family were involved in at the weekend. He ressured the teachers that we were all fine but the man in the other car died! What is he like.

    Also it's 'anti-bullying' week this week so they're covering it a lot in school. James is abviously not quite grasping the concept as he now keeps telling of Molly because she is "cyber-bullying" him.

    Molly's fine, she had her little friend Amelia over yetserday. Molly was cinderella and Amelia was snow white, they found little toy mobile phones and they were calling each other in very high pitched voices and making arrangements for the ball: "snow white, are you wearing a beautiful dress for the ball or your cloak?"

    I did a gig last night - was supposed to be 3 hours but my voice gave way after about 2. It was a bit embarrassing, but a friend came along and accompanied me on the djembe - it sounded really good and I enjoyed it in spite of my voice going.

    Am off now to make some notes on one of my essys due in just after Christmas. I have to discuss whether Psychology is a discipline without foundation emerging from the project of modernism and whether it is just about furthering careers than scientific breakthrough.

    It's wet and grey today :-)

    Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM steak...and an impressive array of condiments - but can they rival my homemade bearnaise and pepper sauces hmm?

    Tom and I are off to a little speakeasy style resto tonight in brixton called upstairs (it's hidden and you have to ring a bell and go to the top of a building and there's a little room with a fire and a few tables - exciting!) But not as exciting as being in BA obviously! These levels of excitement are all geographically relative...(she says trying to not feel too envious)

    I see Mauro is getting quite into this blogging...thought all we were gonna get was 'Blog off'? Nice to hear you're settling in to the 6 month idea over some nice food and wine (even if spilly is wasting some of it!) x

    ReplyDelete